Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, My Blog!

I still remember that day... I was reading Blogs by Bugs, the blog of one of my dearest friends, Bhavin Shah, that fateful afternoon... And suddenly, a thought, a wish, a desire ran through me... I wanted to have my own blog!

And so here I am... With my own blog, and almost 50-odd regular followers... That's Setu's Blog today!

When I wrote my first blog, way back on 3rd September, 2009, I wasn't sure what blogging was all about. The only thing I knew was, I wanted to have a medium through which I could take my thoughts, opinions and ideology, to the world. I was (and still am) an amateur writer. A teenager who just had gotten out of school, and all he wrote there was 300-word essays on imposed topics! That was a time I couldn't be creative... Whatever I write, even today, is raw, unpolished stuff in my opinion... But, that's just me...

I didn't know much about how to write, what to write etc. I just knew, I wanted to write... Whatever I felt... Whatever I believed in... Whatever I thought... Whatever I knew... And with every new blog, I kept learning. To write, to express, to speak, to accept, and to try and get better...

When I began this blog, I had hoped I would reach some 100 blogposts until the first year... (I had a crazy frequency of 8 posts a month for the first month!) Later on, time and resource restrained me and the numbers went down... I compromised to 50... And today, I stand at this being my blogpost number 39... Couldn't even complete 40! But that doesn't deter me... Because whenever I sit down to write a new post, I know what I have to write... I know what I feel about the topic... And I know how to express myself the best to my abilities... And so, beyond a point, these numbers don't matter to me... Because I know whatever little I write, however infrequent I am, I will try my best to do justice to that topic...

Every time I decide to write about a subject, thoughts begin to form in my mind about what to write, the whole post, etc. until I actually begin writing... And what amuses me is the fact that no post turns out the way think about it... I don't ever write it the way I have thought before... It just turns out completely new, different... And I just seem to like it even more...

With every blogpost I wrote, I had comments pouring in, on the blog, on Facebook, on tweets, on e-mails, etc. And all of them just made me feel better about what I wrote... They all encouraged me to keep writing... And the most encouraging moment was when one of my posts was published in a magazine! Well, that can actually boost you like anything... I actually began believing that I did write some what good after that day...

If you follow other blogs, you may know that blogging is a wide arena. Some people blog about their opinions about the headlines of the day, some are dedicated to specific categories, some are just photo-blogs, and some even say about the schedule of the day and the few things they learnt that day... I still am trying to figure out what I write about... Because I have always written anything and everything... Ranging from the reviews of books and movies, my interest in muzik (it isn't a typo, I prefer it that way), astronomy, literature, festivals, my opinions during some major contorversy of the time, my idea about some confused facts, etc., etc.... The list is unending. Quiet frankly, all of the topics actually popped out to me out of the blue... I never went searching for a topic, in the true sense... It always was like when I saw, felt or heard about something and I went, "Hey! I want to write a post on that!" And I just did it...

There are these two important people in my life whom I have to mention here... Because of their support, trust, faith, guidance and help, I am what I am today... And they are Divya Desai, my best friend, and Bhavin Shah, my mentor... This blog is theirs as much as it is mine... Because if not for either of them, my writing dream would have been incomplete today...

Some people ask me how has blogging changed me, my life? It's simple... I found a hobby, a mouth-piece... It's something that has shaped me into myself, carved my personality... Today people know me as Setu, even though I don't have a big fan-following. It has helped me know my forte... And it's something I can proudly call my own...!

And the success with my blog was the main reason I actually began writing my maiden novel, The Girl. Well, as of now, it is in a nascent stage, but still, that's the plant I want to nourish...

It has been a long way in the last one year... And will be a longer way henceforth... But I am sure I will make it through... Because my thoughts will never stop... And hopefully neither my writing...!

Ciao!

Comments

  1. hey good one.....n congo!!!!!!!!
    happy anniversary ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. straight frm the heart!!nyc:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless...

    I dont have words to express after what all I read! All I want to say is may God bless you with all the success in life... And I just want you to be what Sachin Tendulkar is for cricket!

    I ll guide u as much as I can! I promise you for that...

    Happy birthday boy! You have become ...a man today!

    -Bhavin Shah
    (www.blogsbybugs.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i m speechless too Setu!!
    i m so happy for u..i m sooo sooo happy...
    i wish u write many more fantastic blogs in d cuming years...
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first Anniversary to Setu's blog. May God bless you with lot of amazing thoughts always... I think you can choose writing as your career... May be a God's gift, inherited in genes from dad. Never never give up writing. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit Too Grown-Up... A Bit Too Early?

Note from the blogger: Please, please, please try not being judgemental about me and anything about me from what you read here. It's purely a result of my numerous thoughts. It's always been something I have wondered about... When's the time when you can finally call someone a grown up? When you can finally say that someone is mature enough to take care of himself and how his life is lead? When's that independence, that freedom conferred to him? When can he realize for himself that he can? That he will? Sometimes... The whole concept of English education too, bewilders me. More so because, it uproots the so-called hard-core Indian culture, its tradition and values from the minds of students like me who give themselves the freedom to have contrary views or be cynics to it. May be that's how we are or the way the double-standard of education has left us with... Either ways, it's the way it is... I know most of our parents haven't studied in English medi

The Gandhi Way? No Way!!

Disclaimer: This post is purely a substance of my personal opinion. By this, I don't mean to hurt the sentiments of the republic of India or the person regarded as the Father of The Nation, Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. If anyone would be offended by reading anything that goes against the nation and its principles, even if it's pointing the flaws so that we, the next generation could live in a better India, you would rather not read it hereon, that would be my sincere request to you, as the blogger. Peace. No hard feelings. Sitting on the stage, looking out at the crowd and people gathered around him, he rises and speaks. "I'm on a fast unto death, from now on, till my demands are met." Around 79 years ago, M. K. Gandhi, a political prisoner, changed the way protests were held in this country, India, chiefly dominated by politics and the so-called people's movements... He then rose in this battle, while serving a jail term on political grounds for the eq

Education & India: Part 2 of 2

Cross-posted from Not Just The Talks . Like I’ve said earlier (by that, I mean in Part 1 ), my life revolves around the state of education in India today, being a student. And I lead from where I left, in the first post, in this one. 1) Colleges: The basic requisite for a successful post-education life-in-the-real-world, as I’ve heard so far, begins from colleges. Schools are those parts of our lives, when we’re shaped and also protected during the process. But, in colleges, we have our first interaction with the real world. So, it wouldn’t be immature-ish of me to say, that ‘That’s where it all begins...’. There’s not much to say, except that what I’m (by that I mean everyone in their respective colleges) taught is purely theoretical bullshit. Something that has been in the textbooks since ages. And, even if it has been ‘revised’ lately, I’m assured, when I open the first page, that all I’ll study, will be something that isn’t even present in real day life.